Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 2 Advanced Dive Class

This past weekend Connie, Sylvia and I took our advanced diving class. Shannon and Aaron came along because the class was a graduation class from the two of them and Bob and Jan. I knew I was going to have to work hard, but even I didn't think I would get this tired.
It started Sat. night with a navigation dive and I got thrown and tossed in the surf and lost a fin and couldn't hardly move to crawl out. Aaron and another guy helped me just as I was getting to Connie. I was so mad at myself. I did do the night dive, but the dive masters helped me get my fins on. The visibility was 2 ft.
Sunday 6am we are at the boat. We did four dives and we all got the skills done and passed the class, but I was slap wore out. Not only did Brian have to help me get my fins off on the dive platform but the weights and BCD also. Then it was all I could do to drag my tired body up the ladder.
I am proud and happy we all finished, I had no doubt about Connie and Sylvia but I did doubt myself.
I was scared after the pool work, but I figured I'd live through it and I did. I am happy that I stuck it out and now have the advanced diver name tag.

No comments: