Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Science Books and Technology

I am sitting in a meeting with the Glencoe rep and they are presenting the book and all of the tech tools. As I am watching and listening I am getting a feel for why teachers get freaked by technology. There is so much information and so many discs with access to hundreds of tools. Most of our teachers don't have regular access to computer labs, so all of the student stuff means nothing to them. Most of our teachers are not real comfortable using computers so all of the tools for teachers will be used by only a few teachers. Again, so much stuff it is overwhelming to the teachers. What a shame.

1 comment:

MissRoss said...

I agree with you, I remember when the reps werepresenting for the social studies adoption! I often felt so excited by all the potential, but also I knew in the back of my mind I might not have the access to make all the "bells and Whistles" work! I also felt like it woudl be overwhelming to try and lesson plan with so many option! Do you know what I mean?